Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

We had a fun, but busy week.  Mike and Brett were able to fly to Atlanta to take in a PGA event.  Mike has a few pictures on his phone, but he isn’t here, so I don’t have them.  They said the course was really neat and they enjoyed their short, but sweet, boys trip. =)  The kids and I did a few fun things while he was away.  The time went really well, except for one small incident.  I had spent Saturday morning picking things up and doing some cleaning, hoping we could swim after lunch.  I put Creighton down for his morning nap and the kids came outside with me while I mowed the grass.  The kids played really well together and went on a “hunt.”  During their hunt they picked grass, leaves, dirt, etc up and put them in two large coffee cans.  When I had about 10 minutes left mowing, they asked to come inside because they were hot.  I told them that was fine.  A few minutes later, I finished mowing and came inside to find that they had taken the dirt, leaves, grass, and rocks and spread them throughout their rooms.  Realizing that they had created quite a mess, they went and filled buckets with water and trying to clean it up (we have wood floors) so what I saw was leaves, rocks, grass, and dirt swimming in large puddles of water.  Needless to say, we spent the next hour cleaning up instead of swimming. =)  At the end of cleaning up the mess Kate looks at me and says, “Mom, I just never dreamed this would be such a problem.” 

Mike got home Saturday afternoon and Saturday evening we headed to the Peoria Chief’s game that we had been invited to by CEFCU (thru Mike’s work contacts).  We enjoyed some free food, baseball, and fireworks.  I tried to hold Creighton’s ears thinking he would find them to loud and he would swat at my hands and he kept signing “more” throughout the fireworks show.

The kids enjoying some ice cream.

IMG_0471 IMG_0473 IMG_0474

Sunday night, we went with some friends to see a friend, Jake Eigsti, play the Normal Corn Belters.  He plays for the Riverhawks and had a great game.  Some random guys walked up to Lincoln and gave him a baseball, Lincoln insists that Pastor Troy gave it to him.

IMG_0478 IMG_0479

Kate, Lincoln, and Kailyn enjoyed playing with Claire and Hailey for more than the game. =)

IMG_0480

Kate met with her Kindergarten teacher this morning to see her classroom and put her school supplies away.  Here she is with her big book bag of stuff.  She starts school tomorrow and she is so excited!  (You certainly can’t tell from this picture, though)

IMG_0483

No comments: