Maybe by now you are wondering why my friend, Sacha’s, battle with cancer has had such a profound impact on me. At times, I have trouble thinking about much else. To be honest, I’m not sure why. Maybe it’s because I’ve known her since I was 4 years old and we went to preschool together. Maybe it’s because I turn 30 in November and it has become so much more real that I and my family and friends are not invincible, maybe it’s the fact that we had little boys on the same day, maybe it’s any number of other things. I can’t explain it, except to say that it has really hit me. I’ve cried a few tears over it, but last night I laid on my bed after reading the latest caring bridge entry and I’ll be honest, I sobbed. I cried for every memory she will not be able to make with Jack and Joe, I cried for a little boy who won’t get to know his Mom, I cried for the difficult time that is staring Joe and everyone close to Sacha in the face. I cried, “God, this does not seem the least bit fair to me.” That’s the real truth, yes, I am a born again believer in Jesus Christ. I believe that His shed blood saved me and gives me the hope of Heaven. That said, I am still human and I still question just like everyone, why her? Why now? This doesn’t seem to make much sense. I know that so many people have prayed for a miracle for Sacha. I believe with all my heart that God heard every single one of those prayers, but for whatever reason, her healing is going to come in Heaven, rather than here on earth. That’s hard, yet I believe God has used Joe and Sacha to change lives. I believe that were you to really ask the family and friends of Joe and Sacha, I think that many would say that this situation has touched them. I think that friends, who maybe never prayed together before, have prayed together now. Friends who haven’t spoken in ten years (due to busyness) now talk often. Families who were wrapped up in life are now savoring each other and each memory they get to make with each other. People who before maybe struggled to find ways to be thankful now find themselves seeing how much they have. People who have spent years thinking mostly of themselves now have hearts of compassion. Maybe Sacha isn’t getting to see a miraculous healing here on earth, but I have seen a lot of miracles take place. God always shows up when people take the time to pray – He doesn’t always do what we think He should – but He is always there.
No comments:
Post a Comment