Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Spring

Dear Spring,

I would appreciate it very much if you would come soon.  You see, I have a daughter, she is very high energy, and when she cannot spend every minute of every day outside, she resorts to doing the things that are pictured below.  If you could come a little early, maybe just maybe our whole house will not end up covered in something it should not be (fingernail polish, permanent marker, etc.)   Thanks.


For those wondering how the fingernail polish incident turned out, the fingernail polish has been taken away indefinitely and she did not get to sleep with her white blanket that night.   

IMG_9099  IMG_9105IMG_9111  IMG_9112

In other news, I had her preschool parent/teacher conference last week and her teacher said she is doing great, she’s ready for kindergarten, AND she has one of the longer attention spans of all the kids in her class.  God bless preschool teachers.  Just so you don’t think I only catch her doing “bad” things, I did catch her with a broom and dustpan cleaning up a mess she had made without being asked.  She’s a ton of fun, but man alive, she wears me out.  My Mom is right, I haven’t been bored in a REALLY long time.  :) 

Lincoln is doing great in the potty training ordeal.  We are down to one diaper a day (night time) and he has not had any accidents this week (it is only Tuesday though).  But, we’re excited for positive progress!

IMG_9096

Creighton has started holding his hands above his head.  We don’t know why, if he is doing “So big” or what, but he thinks it is really funny.  I tried to catch him at it last night, but he’s a quick little guy, even with an SLR camera. :)

IMG_9119  IMG_9127

IMG_9125

2 comments:

Christy Schrock said...

This seems to be the general feeling of mom's this time of year! I love your letter writing approach though.

djkl rassi said...

Too funny....we must have woke up Tuesday morning with the same thought...HURRY SPRING!! Our posts were about at the same time that morning! Hang in there, friend! :)