Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas Trees, Mice, and More

The day after Thanksgiving we went to Dad and Mom’s and got a Christmas tree.  The kids enjoyed helping decorate it.

IMG_7076IMG_7081aIMG_7084



Note that most of the ornaments are at the bottom of the tree in clumps – I try to sneak a few up higher whenever Kate and Lincoln aren’t looking. =)
IMG_7085IMG_7091

Every night when Mike gets home from work the kids say “Throw me, Daddy.”  I finally captured it one evening. 
IMG_7098IMG_7100

Picture of the kids and I on my birthday
IMG_7101

Mice – well, we were at my parents for Thanksgiving.  The adults were sitting around the table and Kate and Lincoln were downstairs playing.  I was holding Creighton.  After awhile Kate came upstairs with a toy skillet, which she does at home all the time when she is pretending to make dinner.  Anyway, she says, “Look Mom.”  I look, expecting to see some pretend eggs or something and it’s a mouse in her skillet.  I may have screamed or squealed, I certainly jumped.  Kate exclaimed, “Mom doesn’t like mice. But Mom, it’s not real, it’s not real, Mom.”  In my mind I was trying to process if that was true or not, Grandma does have a pretend mouse.  About that time, Kate emphatically says, “No, Mom, it’s not real” and shoves the skillet up in my face and then drops the mouse on the floor.  I jumped back and said, “Yes, Kate, it is real…somebody get it.”  At the point, Kate did look a little nervous that she had been playing with a real (dead) mouse.  I will not think about how long she had been playing with it or what all she touched after she picked it up.  Almost daily, Kate says, “Hey Mom, remember when I scared you with that mouse?” and then she giggles hysterically. =)

4 comments:

Mary said...

Oh, my. That is gross, but so hilarious that I can just hear her asking you about it and giggling so hard. Cute picture of you and the kids! Creighton is looking more grown up. And good job to Kate and Linc on decorating the Christmas tree! :)

Unknown said...

Carmen,
Leave the low hanging clumps of ornaments. I used to move them too but wish with everything in me that I hadn't done that.
Karol

The Kaiser Family said...

Too funny!!

Anonymous said...

so gross, so gross. wow. ;-) Happy belate BD TOO!!

Dawn