Monday, July 12, 2010

Bucket List

We were together to celebrate birthdays with Mike’s family again this past weekend. It is actually our smallest group to celebrate birthdays, but next year Seth will join. Happy Birthday to Jack and Hope! I asked Hope, Kate, and Jack to smile for me, but all I could get was this. :)

IMG_5513 IMG_5508

Lincoln really enjoyed his dirt and worms and taking a turn holding baby Seth.

IMG_5523 IMG_5517

Recently it finally sunk in that the arrival of our next child is actually very close (4 weeks or so). I have several things on a “bucket list” so to speak that I have been wanting to do with Kate and Lincoln before the baby arrives. So, today we set out (with Grandma’s help) to accomplish one of those items. We went to the Glen Oak Zoo. While a bit warm, there was a lot of shade and the kids really enjoyed it. Kate is sulking in the background of the picture of her, Linc, and I because I wouldn’t let her buy an animal lollipop…such a mean Mom. :)

IMG_5551 IMG_5537 IMG_5541 IMG_5548

Trying to get a picture with Grandma, however, instead of saying “cheese” they wanted to say “crocodile” or “turtle” or “lion” – hence the wide open mouths. :)

IMG_5542 IMG_5543

2 comments:

Amber said...

It's hard to believe you're 4 weeks from a little baby!!! I can't wait to see your first picture as a family of 5!

The Sauders said...

Oh what a mean mom you are... no animal lollipop! :) I so understand. Can't wait to see you guys Friday night.