Saturday, July 10, 2010

All About K-A-T-E

I’m not ordinarily quite so quick at updating the blog, but I woke up early and couldn’t fall back to sleep, so I thought I’d post a blog entry. Last night my Dad, Brett, Lincoln, and Mike (who was late due to a meeting) went to a Father/Son event. Lincoln was so excited. He bounced around the house talking about “Bapow, Brett, Daddy, Bubba.” When Kate and I dropped him off to Dad he could not fathom how “Bapow” could not be quite ready yet. :) Here’s a picture of them before they left.

IMG_5462

We had a few minutes before Mom, Tessa, Kate, and I were going to leave for supper, so I took a few pictures of Kate for her 4 year shots. Here are a few of my favorites, although I may try again just because I like it and I can. :)

IMG_5468 IMG_5482 IMG_5493

After a few pictures, began our girls night out, or our all about Kate night. I had been wanting to take Kate to do a few things she would find fun before the baby was born and Mom and Tessa graciously agreed to come along too. We started out at Steak N Shake because the girl LOVES french fries and milk shakes. I think her night would have been complete at that point, but…then we took her to Kohl’s because I had promised her I would buy her a new purse when Daddy and Lincoln had their night out. The poor girl hardly knew what to take in first. Clothes, shoes, purses….oh my, she had a blast. Due to having a very generous aunt and Grandma along, she ended up with more than just a purse. :) Below Kate is showing her new outfit from Grandma (and purse) and then Grandma and Kate modeling some hats. :)

IMG_5505 IMG_5503

Lastly, when I had asked Kate what she wanted to do for girls night, the other thing she mentioned was having Aunt Tessa paint her fingernails and toenails, so being the great aunt that she is, Tessa painted her nails for her. For a 3 year old life just doesn’t get any better than that. It was a treat to get to love on and spoil Kate a little bit. She is so independent that I often let her do her own thing, so it was fun for me to get to see her having such a blast doing “girly” things.

IMG_5507 IMG_5506

2 comments:

Mary said...

How fun! I bet there was a lot of laughter that night. :) I can't wait to have her show me her new purse! :D

Anonymous said...

How fun!!! Looks like you all had a great time! Those times will continue... I love doing those "girly" dates with Tasha!! Can't wait to hear about the newest addition to your family!

Love Lori (&gang)