Corn Fun
We had a pretty low-key week, so not much to report on from last week. Friday night we enjoyed dinner at Kevin and Jody’s. I didn’t take many pictures, but the meal was delicious and it’s fun to see our kids start to become friends. Thanks for inviting us!!
The kids LOVE to help make supper. They were helping with the meatloaf sauce, it was a little lumpy, but they get really offended if I try to “fix” things. :)
Saturday we were supposed to be in Indy with some friends, but after my weekly doc visit, we didn’t feel comfortable being 3 hours away from home, just in case. It ended up that Uncle Jeff called and said there was some corn ready if we wanted to freeze some corn for the coming year. So, we ended up doing that Saturday morning and it went the best I think it has ever gone. Dad and Uncle Jeff picked it, we started shucking it at 8:30 and by 11:30 we had it cooked, cut off the cob, put in plastic bags, and the mess cleaned up. Aunt Jane and I got the “cush” air conditioning job, which we thought was great, until we realized we had a couple of jobs to tend to (cooking corn and putting it in bags). :) Actually it all went great and with all the many hands, nobody was even that tired. We enjoyed some time cooling off in the pool after we were done.

No comments:
Post a Comment