Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Girl After Grandma’s Heart

For weeks, my Mom has been promising Kate she would take her flower shopping in May.  Since Mom was going to help me pick out flowers for my pots, we just took Kate along.  I wish I had taken my video camera along.  We walked into the flower shop and she said, "Oh my! Look at all these beautiful flowers.  It is so lovely.  Let’s get cracking, we have flowers to pick."  She proceeded to pull her little red wagon and look at all the flowers, in absolute awe the whole time.  At one point, I tried to put a peach daisy in her wagon, she looked at me in all seriousness and said, "I don’t really like that one, but if you want it, I suppose you could just carry it."  Most of the flowers she picked are ones that I would have picked myself, so it worked out well in the end.  She did a great job helping me plant them all.  I asked to take her picture by the flowers when we were done and she said, "But Mom, my dress is all dirty, I can’t take a picture like this."  I convinced her that people would just think she had been hard at work and it would be okay.   Thanks Mom for taking us flower shopping! IMG_5051 IMG_5055  

IMG_5056

IMG_5059
IMG_5062

2 comments:

The Kaiser Family said...

"Let's get cracking." "I suppose you could just carry it." Her big girl vocabulary from such a little peanut is precious. What a good little helper she is!
a.r.

Susan H. said...

She is the limit!! I love her extensive vocabulary. You are making great memories with her.