We’ve had a lot going on at our house as of late. I found myself in the last week questioning God and his timing, thinking, really, does all this have to happen at the same time? I heard something on the radio as I was driving today that stopped my pity party thought train in it’s tracks. It went like this. The woman on the radio was talking about how she had ordered some trees from a local landscaping business to plant as a wind block for her home. When the trees came in, the business called to let her know she could pick them up that week. The woman was mentally going through all her “issues” with getting the trees that week. Finally, she called the landscaping business back and said, “Do I really need to come get the trees this week? Could I come next week? If I really need to I might be able to make arrangement to borrow a friend’s truck.” Across the phone lines she hears the employee at the landscaping business try to hold back a laugh as they replied, “Ma’am, your trees will fit in the glove box of a Volkswagen Bug.” I was struck by how I’ve been rushing around, trying to line up a “truck to pick up my trees” when really how God must smile at how in the grand scheme of things, all my “trees” would fit in the glove box.
Thursday, October 1, 2009
The Glove Box
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing carm... encouraging for me this morning. I "tried" to start packing yesterday and got completely overwhelmed.!
Post a Comment