Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A New Day

Thanks to everyone who commented or prayed for us after the last blog post.  Our days have been going so much better.  One day it occurred to me that I get sick of doing the same things and enjoy a new “project” sometimes so I sat down and made a list of things the kids could do that aren’t everyday occurrences around here.  It made a tremendous difference just to have some things to keep them occupied.  We listened to audiobooks (we do this a lot, but I got a few new ones), we wrote letters to the great grandparents (which I now need to mail, oops), we made pillow mountains, brought the snow inside, and I still have some things on my list for the next time I need some activities.  =)

IMG_1713 IMG_6910 IMG_6911 IMG_6913

IMG_1719IMG_1716

One night Creighton woke Lincoln up and asked him to read to him.  Of course, Lincoln agreed and in the morning I found them like this.

IMG_6924

Watching Mickey Mouse by the fire.

IMG_6946 IMG_6948

The last couple of years we have taken the older kids out to eat and then let them use their Christmas money.  Our outing got cancelled a couple of times due to the snow, but we were finally able to go this past weekend.  Thanks A. Joyce for watching Creighton and Anya!

IMG_1722 IMG_1724

Lastly, we’re pretty pumped in this house about the coming of our newest niece or nephew in August.  =)

IMG_1710

No comments: