Monday, May 14, 2012

Thanksgiving Baby :)

It was another busy week here, but lots of fun!  Tuesday night Kate had her Kindergarten music program.  I was awarded mother-of-the year when I forgot to bring our camera or anything to document said event.  =)

Wednesday I went with Lincoln and his preschool class to the Fondulac Farm Park.  Lincoln loved it. 

IMG_2581 IMG_2583 IMG_2587 IMG_2596 IMG_2598

The boys were REALLY hungry one day and couldn’t wait for the frozen pizza to be finished.  =)

IMG_2603

We spent Friday evening with Derek and Meaghan.  Doesn’t she look amazing.  You’d never know by looking that we lost her several times and she had a heart defibulator (sp?) put in.  Meaghan, we are so grateful you are still with us!  You’ve become like an aunt to our kids and they (we all) love you so much!

IMG_2605

Saturday night, Kate had earned a free ticket to a Peoria Chief’s game as a reward for reading a certain number of hours at school.  She got a free hot dog and lemonade.  We also were able to purchase tickets to attend with her.   We had 4 total seats, but at one point we wondered why we bought so many when all 3 kids were sitting on Mike’s lap.  =)  You can barely see Lincoln in his Cardinals hat in the back of the picture.

IMG_2606

Sunday, Brett and Tessa had us over for Mother’s Day.  I did not even take a picture of my mom!  But, here are a few of the kids having a blast playing with Uncle Brett and Aunt Tessa’s “toys.” 

IMG_2624 IMG_2625 IMG_2626

Creighton playing with Lincoln’s hat.

IMG_2641 IMG_2642 IMG_2644

I thought it would be fun to get a picture with the 3 kids on Mother’s Day.  It didn’t work out quite like I wanted.  =)  Creighton wanted nothing to do with standing by the rest of us.  =)

IMG_2617 IMG_2620

On last note, if you haven’t heard yet, we are excited to meet a new little Rassi around Thanksgiving.  It came as a bit of a surprise to us as last fall we were told that there was only a 0-10% chance we would be able to have any more children.  When we told the doctor, he said, “Well, I said it was improbable, not impossible.”  =)  Kate and Lincoln are super excited and had fun calling their grandparents to tell them the news.  The pregnancy has been a bit rocky with a lot of nausea, a case of food poisoning, getting called in for an early sono when they thought I was possibly pregnant with twins (I am NOT), but since our chances of getting pregnant were so slim, it is much easier for us to take all these things in stride and say, “God brought us to this point, He must want this for our family.”  I am thankful to be thru what seems to have been the worst of the sickness and feeling better every day.  We’d still appreciate your prayers thru the pregnancy and afterwards as we adjust to a new normal at our house.  =)

5 comments:

**Nicole** said...

Congratulations! We will continue to pray for a healthy and easy pregnancy and may you all adjust well to the new addition. God Bless!

Nichole said...

yea! congratulations! :)

The Kaiser Family said...

Congratulations to all of you, what wonderful news! Praying for a healthy pregnancy and a smooth adjustment to four.

a ruth

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you Rassis! You do such a great job of taking everything in stride and I am sure this will be no exception! Congratulations!

teresa said...

Will be praying for a healthy pregnancy for you and your dear babe. Congratulations!