I have said it before, but this has been my kind of winter. Last week we were enjoying it outside on the swingset.
Kate has been asking for me to paint her room purple for some time now. I finally gave in and must admit, a fresh coat of paint does wonders for a room. =)
Before:
After Paint and a New Curtain:
One of our goals for 2012 is to have a family night each month. This month the kids chose to eat popcorn and pizza in the basement and watch Tom and Jerry.
If you heard cheering coming from our direction recently, it was because Kate has learned to tie her shoes. The past few weeks she would come home in tears because she said everyone in her class could tie their shoes except her and what if she didn’t get to go to 1st grade because she couldn’t figure it out. So, we have been practicing for the last two weeks. Yesterday, she finally got it. Oh Happy Day! Her face was priceless, I tried to catch it on camera, but didn’t quite get it.
4 comments:
I LOVE that purple room!
Hooray for Kate! I quite distinctly remember struggling with learning to tie my shoes in kindergarten, too.
Pizza, popcorn, and Tom & Jerry would be heaven to my kids...we might have to have a family night soon... :)
such a cute purple room for Kate. the pillows and rug look great, too.
love her happy smile and that she'll be able to be a 1st grader this fall.
Pretty bedroom, Carm. I'd say Tim would love the purple! Go K-State!
Ditto on the purple room - it looks great!
Post a Comment