Monday, November 15, 2010

College Buddies

This past week was a busy one, but I have just not felt real inspired to take pictures lately, so there aren’t many.  We enjoyed a visit from my college roommates from my freshman year this past week.  Amber brought her kiddos along and Bekah’s lil’ guy got to stay and have some Grandma time.  Thanks for coming girls, it was good to see you again!

IMG_6899IMG_6902IMG_6908
Lincoln has played with his baseball tee so much that it is actually broken and won’t stay together anymore. I actually bought him a new one.  One day he and I were playing while Kate was at preschool.  We hit off the tee, played catch with baseball gloves, a volleyball, and velcro paddle things, played kickball, and played catch with a football…can you tell what he likes to do? =)


IMG_6904
Quite the crew!  Tess, Brie, Cade, Kate, Creighton, Lincoln – All 4 and under, plus Titus is a few months older than Brie.
IMG_6912
Creighton is super happy and laid back and smiles all the time.  He is growing up so fast!  We are enjoying his frequent smiles and Kate continues to adore him.  She is often found reading books to him or coloring with him.  Now, if only she’d love Lincoln that much. =) 

IMG_6928IMG_693011.151

It was a rough week for Kate and I.  We battled at every turn.  Every time I asked her to do anything she had 437 reasons why that would not work for her.  She spent a lot of time in timeout, losing privileges, or just in tears.  I will be the first to admit, some of her infractions were not that big of a deal, but I was just grumpy and tired and not in the mood to referee or to be gracious.  Anyway, this week is already going much better and I just share that in case you think life is always perfect at our house.  It’s not, far from it. We are continually learning on this path called parenthood. =)

3 comments:

The Kaiser Family said...

fyi - we have those days too - guess what, we're still learning too. I have this feeling it's a lifelong thing...for all of us...
Hang in there! Glad this week is going better.
ar.

Nichole said...

oh, my i am having one of those mornings right now! glad to see the pictures. i love the one of kate reading a book to creighton :) miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

So it doesn't get easier? Right now, Drew has pulled everything out of my purse and happily going through my wallet. I am letting him because he is playing by himself which he doesn't do much! Thanks for always keeping it real! Jolynn