Well, for those of you who know me well know that I get embarrassed somewhat easily. I hate it, but my face often turns red, sometimes for no reason at all. I sometimes even get embarrassed that I'm embarrassed. It's pathetic. God apparently thinks I need to work on this as He has given me a Kate. :) Two Kate stories for your reading pleasure:
We were in Bloomington church on Sunday for Sunrise services. There was a bit of a crowd and I was taking Kate "potty" before we went in for the service. When we got into the bathroom it had that "a lot of people have been in here before us" smell. Kate pronounced, "It's smelly in here." No problem, nobody heard her. Then we went into our stall and the woman beside us had a little "issue" to take care of. Kate loudly announced, "It is REALLY stinky in here." We hightailed it out of the bathroom as quickly as possible!
Bethany and Wendy were over and Kate was sitting on Bethany's lap. Kate says "What smells?" I thought, well, you're sitting by the garbage can, probably the garbage. But she won't let it drop. She asks again, "What smells?" Finally I caught on, she thought Bethany smelled good. She has yet to figure out that telling someone they smell is not necessarily a compliment in and of itself. :)
1 comment:
Oh my goodness, why do you have the best stories ever?? :)
I was a Kate once. I used to ask the blunt questions no one else would ever ask. There's hope. I've grown out of that. She will too. :)
Post a Comment