Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Summertime Fun

It’s been awhile, so I thought I’d post a few pictures of some of the things we’ve been doing, however upon looking back, I did not take very many pictures the last couple of weeks, but here are a few.

T-ball wrapped up the end of June.

IMG_2454 IMG_2455

It’s always fun with Daddy gets to swim. 

IMG_7460 IMG_7463IMG_7464 IMG_7467

We had the chance to soak up a few hours with the Koehl’s, but since they were here for Derek’s visitation and funeral it was certainly bittersweet.

IMG_7457

For anyone who may not know, my (2nd) cousin and our friend, Derek, went on ahead to heaven last week.  It was a difficult week in a lot of ways as Derek was an amazing guy, he will be greatly missed by many.  But my heart simply hurts for Leann and her 4 special kiddos.  I will miss a lot of things about Derek.  I will miss his easy laugh, I will miss watching him interact with Leann and his kids, there was no mistaking they meant everything to him.  I will miss the way he made me laugh, whether it was talking about printing comics on toilet paper or the way he could make any story funny.  I will miss him, simple as that.  But I will not forget the absolute picture of courage and grace he (and Leann) were during this 3 year journey with cancer.  (If you want to read about it, you can find the story at www(dot)lrsauder(dot)blogspot(dot)com).  I will not forget so many little moments from last week.  My heart was touched as I watched my dear friend, Leann, walk the path she has been given these past 3 years, but specifically last week.  Leann is the type of person that after you’ve spent time with her, you know that your life has been blessed and quietly challenged.  Leann, I don’t know if you’ll read this, but if you do, please know that your friendship has meant more to me than you will ever know and I am so proud of you. 

One last picture, this is one my favorite memories with Derek from last year.

DSCN5485

No comments: