Monday, January 20, 2014

It was the best of times–lots of pictures

 

We just got back from our annual Florida vacation and I have to copy Mr. Dickens and say, It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.   I will start with some of the lows.  Not ideal weather, a 14 month old getting her molars (very cranky and got up at 5:30am every day), a 3 year old who got dehydrated and puked all over the motel room rug, me, and the side of our bed.  However, there were not many lows and we survived them all.  There were many more highs.  I loved being able to sit around the poolside tables talking with my grandparents in the mornings, spending early mornings with my dad (and Anya), sitting at the beach with my parents, watching Creighton’s delight at every little thing, Anya’s love for the outdoors, Kate’s love of the sea aquarium and the beach, Lincoln’s determination to beat Mike at every game they played together, the water taxi date, and the time spent talking with Brett and Tessa, J. Alexander’s, and all the help with the kids made it an enjoyable time.

It was another year full of great memories with Grams and Popsy, Mom and Dad, and Brett, Tessa, and Jocie.  It was really fun to see vacation thru the kids’ eyes and the thrill that everything was to them.  We are so blessed.

The days when the weather was warm enough, we spent the morning playing at the beach.  Creighton would spend several hours running in and out of the ocean.  Kate loved the beach more than the other kids and would spend hours building sand castles, searching for shells, and playing in the waves.

DSCN6079 DSCN6089 DSCN6094 DSCN6116  DSCN6143 DSCN6144IMG_1618

I feel like this pictures truly captures the heart of this boy.  He loves life and does everything with great spirit.  He constantly makes me laugh and absolutely exhausts me trying to keep ahead of him.  =)  I will share just one of the funny things he said on vacation.  On our last day we were at the store, picking out souvenirs.  He had 3 picked out and was crying because I told him he had to pick one.  A foreign woman felt bad for him and came up to him and was trying to help.  In her thick accent she said, “It ok, jus’ pick.”  He looked at her and said, “I’m not a pig, I’m a boy!”  Oh dear. 

DSCN6127

One of the cloudy days we went to the Miami Sea Aquarium.  Kate loved every minute of it. 

IMG_6436IMG_6434

The picture on the left is what happened when that dolphin landed right by where they were standing.  They got soaked and Kate was delighted.  The rest of the crowd opted to get a little further away from the water.  =)

IMG_6442

IMG_6462IMG_6483

Kate wanted to sit in the splash zone for each show and her grandpa graciously sat with her.  Notice how they are in the front row for the killer whale show.

IMG_6581IMG_6587IMG_6588

I missed the shot where they got absolutely soaked because I was laughing too hard, but notice how they moved up a couple of rows.  Dad was soaked clear thru and never quit smiling.  He absolutely made Kate’s day.  Thanks, Dad!

IMG_6589IMG_6605

Lots of diving board fun

IMG_6662 IMG_6667 IMG_6668 IMG_6620

Football on the beach

DSCN6111 DSCN6112 DSCN6117

It’s truly hard to capture how completely covered in sand Creighton would get.

DSCN6091

Thanks to Grams and Popsy and Dad and Mom, we (Mike and I) along with Brett and Tessa, took Kate and Lincoln on a “big kid” date.  We took the water taxi and then ate at The Cheesecake Factory.

DSCN6151 IMG_1626

Lots of game playing

IMG_6635 IMG_6696 IMG_6859

Feeding the sea gulls

IMG_6868IMG_6872IMG_6873IMG_6878

Misc Pictures

IMG_6364IMG_6378IMG_6381IMG_6686IMG_6776IMG_6857

Kate

IMG_6790

Lincoln

IMG_6808

Creighton

IMG_6793

Anya

IMG_6803

Jocie – I know I’m the biased Aunt, but is she not the cutest thing ever!

IMG_6747

IMG_6620IMG_6784IMG_6824IMG_6826IMG_6831IMG_6836IMG_6839IMG_6842IMG_6848

All too soon it was time to come home.

IMG_6880

No comments: