Thursday, November 21, 2013

Tornado Aftermath

I think we can all agree that this week has been one we weren’t expecting to have.  I said this on facebook already, but for those of you that do not have that, I wanted to put it on here as well.  I could never possibly express our thankfulness to everyone who has prayed for and provided donations for our family members, Kevin and Jolynn, Jason and Ellie, and Brian and Janis, who have been greatly affected by the tornado devastation. While we have moments of feeling completely devastated as we watch them go thru this, we are beyond grateful that their lives were spared and the support we have felt from all of you, friend and stranger alike, has been completely humbling. So, from the bottom of our hearts, thank you. God has been so good to us. 

I was given the opportunity to be a drop off point for those wishing to donate to those who have lost so much.  I was not prepared to see love and generosity like I have seen in the past week.  It’s been stunning and overwhelming and amazing and truly touching.  As I expressed my thanks to people time and again they would say, “This is nothing” or “What else can I do” or “They would do it for me".  I have watched those who lost much if not everything rise up and say, “we’re alive, God is good” and “I’m so glad we weren’t here” and “I’m thankful for this and this and this.”  I pray if I was ever in this situation that I would handle it half as well.  God has been so good to us.

I’m so thankful for each and every volunteer, for the firefighters and other emergency personnel who have worked tirelessly to help.  Thank you again for every prayer uttered, for every item or dollar donated, for every offer of help…..we just cannot say thank you enough.  We’re very blessed to be surrounded by such amazing people, know that you have made a difference.  Please keep praying.  God has been so good to us.

Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

No comments: