Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Mid-winter crisis

February 29 was a beautiful day.  We spent the morning outside before the hurricane winds started.  =) 

These poor flowers are a little confused.

IMG_2185

Playing in the sand box

IMG_2183 IMG_2184

Dad and Mom had the kids over to help plant their vegetable and flower seeds.

IMG_2204 IMG_2206 IMG_2207

Kate and Lincoln came running out to me yesterday afternoon and said, “Mom, come look, we redid the bathroom.”  I admit, this statement made me very nervous.  But this is what I found. 

IMG_2209

I must have had a mid-winter crisis or something because a few weeks ago I decided to use some rebate money and gift cards to repaint and redecorate 4 rooms in our house.  Kate’s room I already showed you.  The kitchen is just about done, just have to put sealer on our new backsplash and then I can take pictures of the “new” kitchen.  I should finish our master bathroom this week.  But our room is done.  Many thanks to my good friends, Wendy and Bethany for helping me pick out some new décor!!  I forgot to take before pictures, but the room used to be taupe-ish.  =)  Now it is gray. 

IMG_2198 IMG_2199 IMG_2200

Saturday night we had the opportunity to attend a fundraiser for a friend of ours who has cancer.  He is a young(er) man with a sweet wife and 3 children and 1 on the way.  It was really special to honor him (even though he wasn’t there).  I did not stand up to say anything, I get really emotional about things like that.  But, Derek, I just want to thank you for the positive influence you have had on my life.  You have always challenged me to be better, but I have never been more honored to be your cousin and friend than today.  We love you.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Love the bathroom notes! Too cute!