Saturday, November 26, 2011

THANKFULNESS

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We had a busy, but special Thanksgiving plus a few days on either side.  =)  One thing that I found myself circling back to time and again was simply that I have so much to be thankful for.  It’s easy to dwell on the things not going right in your life.  If you are up at night with a kid, or a child is having a particularly challenging few days, or you feel stressed because you are overcommitted or whatever is “not going right” in your life, it is so easy to dwell on those things.  It’s so easy to not look at all that is going right.  It’s so easy to think that we are entitled to having everything go absolutely perfectly all the time.  It struck me that thankfulness is the opposite of feeling entitled.  So, my challenge to myself is to be more thankful every day of the year and to spend less time feeling like I’m entitled to so much more.  Because, truth be told, I already have WAY more than I deserve, it would do me good to remember that more often when I am wishing that my kids wouldn’t embarrass me in public or keep me up at night.  =)

I had this idea for a picture in my mind, but it didn’t turn out quite like I envisioned.  Here are a couple of the reject pictures anyway. 

IMG_1065 IMG_1076

Wednesday night we celebrated Thanksgiving with my family.  It has become our tradition to eat “fondue” that night and we all look forward to it.  Here are a few of the things we put in the oil – lil’ hot dogs, steak pieces, sausage balls, chicken pieces, and breaded cheese cubes. 

IMG_1084

Kate has been writing us letters.  It takes a little assistance to read them as she doesn’t quite get that her words need to go in a certain order.  =) 

IMG_1061 IMG_1062

We spent Thanksgiving Day with Mike’s family.  Here is a picture of our family with his sweet Gramm Grandparents.

IMG_1091

Hugs

IMG_1094 IMG_1095

2 comments:

Nichole said...

awww! i love the picture of you guys with Grandpa and Grandma! miss all of you guys so much!

teresa said...

i always appreciate your posts, carmen. thanks for sharing your heart.