Thursday, June 9, 2011

Rassi Weekend Away 2011

This past weekend we had the opportunity to spend the weekend at the Old School Center in Farmington with the Curt Rassi Family.  We had a great time, thanks Chad and Laurie for planning it!  It was great to be with you all!!

Kate and Hope jumping off the stage.
IMG_0160
These two boys are about 6-7 weeks apart and age and they were so fun to watch.  This was really the first time they discovered each other.  I am excited to see them grow up together. 
IMG_0167 IMG_0170IMG_0171
I don’t know what this game was called, I walked in one night to find the kids playing this game where they passed the hats along until the music (John playing the piano) stopped.  Kind of like hot potato. 
IMG_0192 IMG_0195IMG_0204 IMG_0214
After the hat game they did sack races.  (Thanks to John and Heather for the games)
IMG_0217 IMG_0222
Let’s just say Kate and Linc were not very good at this game.  :)
IMG_0223 IMG_0224
Everyone had fun playing in the game room!
IMG_0179  IMG_0181IMG_0185  IMG_0186IMG_0188
We had a great time swimming and playing at Norris Lake on Saturday.  Thank you Herman’s for your generosity!
IMG_0239 IMG_0244 IMG_0246IMG_0247
I just have to brag on this family.  In my opinion, they are among some of the most servant hearted people in the world.  Seriously, I have some fantastic brother-in-laws.  (I do not have a picture of Phil, Caleb, or Greg in action, but they were equally involved!)
These boys spent their Saturday….
Making breakfast
IMG_0231  IMG_0234
Swimming with the kids in the lake – that is Chad the boys are chasing and the back of John in the left picture
IMG_0237 IMG_0252
Building sandcastles
IMG_0251
Playing board games
IMG_0260 IMG_0261
Playing Kickball
IMG_0255  IMG_0259
And I’m pretty sure it’s because they watched this man (and their mom too) do things like this with them while they were growing up
IMG_0241 IMG_0245
Even better, I think they all enjoyed it.  They never stopped smiling.  Thank you, boys, for everything you did!  (For the record, I have a pretty great set of sister-in-laws as well – you should have seen the feast we had for every meal – pretty sure I gained 5 pounds).  I’m already looking forward to the next Rassi Family Retreat. :)
IMG_0228

1 comment:

Mary said...

Thanks for the great write-up of the weekend, Carm! We got exactly two pics from all three days, and they were of Max and Nora in the bunk bed...so I love seeing all of yours! :) Love you!