We are getting into our “new normal” as a family of 5, complete with lots of laughs and a few tears, although mostly poor little Lincoln’s, as he’s had a rough week. He’s suddenly somewhat afraid of the dark which is making for interesting nights, but hopefully he will soon get through this little phase. Things are going really well. Creighton is a good little guy, with the possible exception of 7-8:30pm when he is still good, if you don’t put him down, but could someone please tell me how to get 3 kids to bed, I’m still a little challenged by it, especially when Mike isn’t home. :) Kate and Lincoln love Creighton to pieces and still are eager to hold him and the new favorite is to give him his bottle. Before I share pictures, I thought I’d tell a few Kate stories. She never ceases to make me shake my head. This week she got very serious and told me, “Mom, did you know I have 3 favorite foods; hot dogs, pizza, and french fries. Hot dogs because they are good, pizza because of the crust, and french fries because they are squishy.”
Another conversation went like this: Kate was looking through an American Girl Doll Magazine and said, “Oh, are these things that the Santatizer might bring?” Mike and I look puzzled and try to figure out what she’s talking about. Kate continues, “You know, the pretend fat man with a beard who rides around in a sleigh.” Santa Clause…Santatizer…close. :)
Kate came out dressed for preschool one morning like this. I took a deep breath, swallowed my pride and allowed her to leave in her mismatched apparel. When I told her maybe she should pick something else because it didn’t really match she said, “Yes it does, both the shirt and skirt have dots on them.” Ok, maybe, never mind that the colors don’t match and the Minnesota socks…oh dear.
We are loving the fact that our best buds, Kevin and Jody, Abby and Andrew are back in IL. They blessed us with a visit and dinner one evening! Thanks guys!!
We are blessed with incredibly awesome neighbors! One morning the boys and I had a play date with Wendy and Bryce. The painters were too busy and couldn’t be bothered to smile. A couple of us had a garage sale last weekend and our little entrepreneurs were all set up selling Rice Krispie Treats. :)
The kiddos
2 comments:
CUTE pics - I didn't check your blog while we were on vacation (slow internet) - Creighton has changed so much. Glad he's such a good little guy. Sure is cute. Well, but they all are. Love the stories. Hope Lincoln gets adjusted soon - he will of course but rather sooner than later (better for Dad and Mom).
love you all
a.r.
Glad to see that the MN socks are still in the running =). Who doesn't want socks with orange tigers on them?!
Post a Comment