I'm not sure that this counts as a "hard" post, but it is something that I'm currently having a difficult time with. :) Our kids would like to be outside every minute of the day. However, they aren't old enough to let outside by themselves and we do not have a backyard that lends itself to putting up a fence. So, how do I balance needing to do things inside (laundry, dishes, cooking, etc) with the fact that Kate & Lincoln would stay outside from sun-up to sun-down if possible. Comments welcome!! :)
2 comments:
I keep checking back here to see the wise words of those that have somehow figured out how to manage this dilemma!!
At our house, I will let the girls play in the backyard by themselves and I'll stay in the house as long as I'll be in the kitchen where I can check on them frequently. They aren't allowed to go in the front yard by themselves.
But Amy is a little bit older than Lincoln, so I don't know if that would work or not.
I don't know if there is any easy answer to this....a friend of mine had a friend who literally tied her kids to a tree so they could play outside and not run away!! I guess you could try that ! :)
~Alissa
The shock collars work great for our dogs...of course, DCFS may frown upon that sort of thing. So instead, you show them where the boundaries are and threaten with bodily harm if they venture past;-) As any nurturing mother would do.
JKF
Post a Comment